Why Effective Leaders Must Be PRAGMATIC Idealists?
Regardless of what group, one is a leader of, whether, public, corporate, and/ or, organizational, we all benefit, when the individual, does not, merely, exhibit, relevant, idealism, but, proceeds, as a pragmatic88 idealsit! What good, is, even the finest ideas, and most responsible perceptions, unless/ until, one is able to create a meeting – of – the – minds, to get things done? How often, have we witnessed, something – better, being sacrified, because of waiting for perfection, and/ or, idealism? With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Priorities; perceptions; principles; proactive; planning: Great leadership comes from the finest, most – relevant, sustainable, strategic and action planning! These must be based on true priorities, as well as addressing perceptions, to create, an inspiring, motivating, basis, for teamwork! Real leaders are guided by real principles, and ideals, and are proactive, instead of resorting to blaming, complaining, and procrastination!
2. Relevant; responsive; realistic; reasoning: Only, when one, is realistic – enough, to know, when a degree of compromise, is needed, to produce, relevant results, and actions, are his plans, truly, responsive, and his reasoning, motivating and inspiring, in order to gain greater cooperation, involvement, and commitment, recognizing the bigger – picture!
3. Attitude; aptitude; attention: It takes someone, with a true, positive, can – do, attitude, while avoiding, wearing, rose – colored glasses, to make a difference, for the better! When, combined with an outstanding aptitude, and skill – set, and the willingness, and ability to pay keen attention, and distinguish true priorities, from the petty stuff, we are properly served and represented!
4. Greater good; generate goodwill; growth: It is essential, for the greater good, to be an overwhelming, guiding – light! When a leader generates goodwill, consistently, the organization’s potential for meaningful growth, is enhanced!
5. Motivate; meeting of minds; makes a difference: Motivating and inspiring stakeholders, requires, prioritizing, an emphasis, on creating a meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good! Only, then, will anyone, begin, the process, towards making a meaningful difference, for the better!
6. Articulate; aspirations; achieve: How well someone understands, and appreciates the aspirations of his constituents, goes far, regarding, his ability to effectively, achieve! It is important to be ready, willing, and able to consistently, articulate a honest, but, inspiring, and motivating message, to bring others, together, and willing to compromise, when necessary!
7. Timely; time – tested; training: Many organizations suffer, today, because their leaders lack the professionally – designed, degree and level of meaningful, leadership training! Great leaders realize, they must avoid procrastination, blaming, and/ or, complaining, but, rather, proceed with well – considered, timely action, combined with gaining expertise, and better judgment, from time – tested, knowledge, etc!
8. Imagination; innovate; integrity; ideals; ideas; inclusive; ideology: The core ideology of a group, as well as its heritage, etc, are essential factors, to prioritize, and protect! A great leader distinguishes – himself, from the rest – of – the – pack, by using a well – developed, imagination, and having the ability to innovate, wisely, and efficiently! His ideals, and ideas, must emphasize, being inclusive, and creating, a meeting – of – the – minds!
9. Character; concern; creative; coordinate; cooperate: Determine, who is best – suited to lead, by their quality of character, and whether, they show true concern, for the stakeholders, etc! The ideal one must proceed, with creativity, and an open – mind, in order to coordinate activities, and emphasizing cooperation, rather than polarization, etc!
Unless, one knows, when to show – up, knows when to fold – up, will he proceed, as an effective, PRAGMATIC idealist, and achieve something, rather than sacrificing better, for the sake of the ideal! Are you the right person to be a leader?